I recently returned from an extensive Palestinian-led tour of the occupied West Bank. I didn't go to see a carefully managed version of the occupation. I went to witness the reality Palestinians live every single day.
What I saw will stay with me forever.
While visiting a school destroyed by violent extremists, my delegation was detained for more than an hour by armed settlers carrying American-made M4 rifles. When the Israeli military arrived, they didn't assist us. They stood with the settlers.
Now that I’m speaking out about the apartheid conditions, fear, and intimidation that millions of Palestinians endure every day, I’m being attacked.
They're trying to discredit my firsthand account because they don't want Americans asking hard questions about where our tax dollars are going.
I promised the families I met that I would not stay quiet. I will continue to demand:
The designation of the Hilltop Youth as a terrorist group.
The prosecution of violent settlers like Yinon Levi.
A total halt to illegal settlement construction in the West Bank.
Netanyahu and his allies can keep attacking. It only proves they are afraid of the truth.
Thank you for your support, your activism, and all that you do.
Onward,
Ro Khanna
Wait! One more thing–
Ro doesn't accept a cent from lobbyists or PACs, meaning our work is completely funded by grassroots supporters like you. By donating just $3 today, you’re helping us create a country that works for everyone, not just those at the top. That means a renewed investment in American manufacturing, Medicare for All, student debt relief, and a green future.
If you want to support our people-powered campaign as we continue to fight for progress in Washington, please consider making a donation of $3 or more today. Thank you!
No comments:
Post a Comment