Jason,
For decades, AIPAC has spent millions of dollars flying members of Congress to Israel to present a carefully managed narrative about the Middle East.
I did it differently.
I just returned from an extensive Palestinian-led tour of the occupied West Bank. I didn't go to see a carefully curated version of reality. I went to see what Palestinians experience every day.
What I witnessed was deeply disturbing.
My delegation was surrounded and held for more than an hour by armed settlers carrying American-made M4 rifles. When the Israeli military arrived, they didn't protect us—they stood alongside the settlers.
I saw apartheid, torment, and violence that millions of Palestinians face every day, largely outside the view of the American public.
That's exactly why AIPAC and other special interests keep attacking me. They don't want independent voices in Congress asking difficult questions or telling Americans what their tax dollars are helping fund.
If you believe it’s vital to have a voice in Congress who will not be silenced by big-money interests, will you rush a $3 contribution today to help me continue this fight?
No comments:
Post a Comment