Friday, November 2, 2018

In the closing days of this campaign

Beto for Texas

Jason,

I've spent the last 13 days of early voting in every part of the state. We've held more than 60 events, from rallies in Austin, Round Rock and San Antonio, to big gatherings in Amarillo, Lubbock and Wichita Falls. We've been with you in East Texas, Lufkin, Longview, Tyler. And North Texas too: Midlothian, Dallas, Fort Worth, Irving and Denton. 

Yesterday, I was in Corpus Christi, Robstown, Raymondville and Brownsville. So much energy, so many people who've voted and are now committed to getting everyone in their lives to vote as well.

Everywhere we go, people come up to me and say "This is the first time I've ever voted, and I'm voting for you!" Or "I took my mom to vote in her first midterm election!" More than a few have told me that they've never voted for a Democrat before, but this year they are. Not because of my party, but because of the chance we all have to do something big for this country at this critical moment.  

It seems to reflect the early voting totals that show Texans are voting at nearly the same levels as the last presidential election.

In the closing days of this campaign (there are just four days left!!) I am going to make sure that I reach every last newly registered voter; every voter who typically sits out a midterm; every voter who knows that at this point our political party can no longer define us. I'm going to give them the opportunity to vote with us in the election of our lifetime. 

I'm going to need your help. Please contribute to ensure that we have the resources to bring in more block-walkers, keep our ads running on more TV stations, connect with more voters in every one of the 254 counties.

Contribute $10 »

We can win this if we all do everything we can, with what we have at this very moment. 

Counting on you!

Thank you,

Beto






 

No comments: